Thank you for confirming your place at our festival in Stockholm this August, we are very much looking forward to meeting you then!
Do you want to take part in the 4th Aurora Music Competition?
• A jury of varied instruments will listen to all registered candidates on in the first days of the festival
• The jury will send a select number of candidates through to the semi-final held on Thursday August 22nd in front of an International jury.
• This jury will select the top 4-6 competitors from the semi-final to perform in the public final.
• In the final both the international jury and the audience choose their prize winners.
• Candidates can choose repertoire between 5 and 15 minutes. In the first two rounds candidates may be stopped if necessary.
• Repertoire may be repeated throughout the competition rounds or candidates may choose new repertoire, choice of repertoire is entirely up to the candidates.
• There are no piano accompanists provided for instrumentalists. Singers will have an accompanist arranged
• instrumentalists may arrange their own accompanists or ask a piano student to accompany them
A jury prize of 1000 euros, an audience prize of 500 euros and a performance on the main stage on the final day of the festival await the winner.
To confirm your place in the competition you must pay your 500 SEK application fee (cannot be refunded).
The deadline to confirm is August 9th.