You have been selected as an artist for the Aurora Masterclasses and Competition as part of the Old Ox Festival from June 24 - 30 (travelling days 23/6 and 1/7).
By confirming your place in the festival you recognize your irreplaceable artistic contribution to this international event which involves many artists from all over the world.
Aurora Music has a remarkable history of 44 festivals in 12 years in which we have hosted many of the most sought after artists from all around the globe.
We consider YOU to be equally important.
By confirming your position, we kindly ask you to respect your agreement with us.
We are very much looking forward to meeting you, listening to you and working together with you, in the Old Ox Chamber Music Festival.
Best wishes, Ola Larsson - General manager, Willem Stam - Artistic Coordinator and all the Professors: Alexander Sitkovetsky, Claudio Bohorquez, Péter Nagy, John Lundgren and Gisela Stille
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW:
- May 7th at 13:00 is the deadline to confirm your participation and pay the course fee.
- June 24th at 11 AM is the official registration time at the course venue in Mariestad – June 30th at 10 PM the final concert and the course ends
- Book your travel as soon as possible to make sure you don’t have any problems with the schedule!
INFORMATION & TRAVEL:
- We recommend that you immediately start to look for affordable trips to Mariestad to make sure you get a good price!
- Travelling from within Sweden: there are both train and bus stations in Mariestad, use this website for information, timetables and to book your tickets: www.sj.se
- Travelling from outside Sweden: Gothenburg Landvetter Airport is the closest. Using Copenhagen, Oslo or Stockholm airports means extending your travel time by around 3-6h. Take an airport bus (departing the airport approximately every 20 minutes to Gothenburg central station), then a train to Skövde that goes regularly, and finally the bus to Mariestad. Use this website for information, timetables and to book your trip: https://www.sj.se/en/home.html#/
- We ask that you arrive on Sunday June 23rd as the course starts Monday morning at 11.00. Departure is Monday July 1st.
- At the latest a week before the course starts, general information about schedules and host families will be sent out by e-mail.
When placing students at the host families, the Aurora management are taking into consideration; allergies, instrument size, piano availability for pianists, gender, age, friends/couples who have expressed a wish to stay together, etc.
All the Host Families are in the area, but the time and transport to the course venue may vary.
• Walking distance can be up to approx. 30 min.
• Local buses: the bus fares you have to pay yourselves.
• Breakfast, sheets and linen are not included unless otherwise agreed upon with you hosts.
Looking forward to see you soon!
The Aurora Team